It is time to review your rights under the Family-School Partnership Act
- The Act provides for up to 40 hours each year, not exceeding 8 hours in any calendar month to participate in your children’s school or child care activities.
- The Act is found under the California Labor Code section 230.8
- To be eligible, your company must employ at least 25 employees in one location
- Employees who are the parents, guardians, or grandparents having custody of one or more children enrolled in a California public or private school kindergarten, in grades one (1) through twelve (12) or in a licensed child day care facility, may take leave.
- Employee must give reasonable notice to the Employer of planned leave.
- Employer may require reasonable documentation from the school/day care facility of participation at the school function.
If you have any questions prior to attempting to use the Family-School Partnership Act, please contact your Business Representative for guidance.