- Teamsters Local 264 Ratifies Contract with Niagara Falls Coach Lines September 16, 2021New Agreement is Best Ever at Company (NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y.) – Over 100 school bus drivers and monitors at Niagara Falls Coach Lines have overwhelmingly ratified their latest collective bargaining agreement at the company. The workers provide student transportation for the Niagara Falls School District. “School bus workers have demonstrated incredible heroism and dedication during […]
- Teamsters Denounce Billionaire John Catsimatidis for Firing Striking Workers September 16, 2021Click here to learn more... The post Teamsters Denounce Billionaire John Catsimatidis for Firing Striking Workers appeared first on International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- Backed by Teamsters, Newsom Defeats Recall September 15, 2021A majority of California voters joined with Teamsters and working families across California to reject an effort to recall Governor Newsom. The choice for Teamsters was clear. The leading candidates to replace Gavin Newsom were all unapologetically anti-worker. Leading Republican candidates were all in agreement on their opposition to medical and sick leave amid a […]
- Teamsters Women’s Conference Kicks Off in Las Vegas September 14, 2021The 2021 Teamsters Women’s Conference kicked off on Monday, Sept. 13, in Las Vegas. More than 1,000 Teamsters gathered in solidarity and sisterhood for the annual event featuring three days of inspirational speakers, educational workshops and networking opportunities. “I’m so excited for us all to be together again,” said Nina Bugbee, Director of the Women’s […]
- Teamsters Local 769 Hosts Go Team Podcast September 13, 2021Capt. Dave Dyas and TAMC Chairman Chris Moore hosted a podcast at Teamsters Local 769 to discuss Go Team training for NTSB crash investigations. Listen here: The post Teamsters Local 769 Hosts Go Team Podcast appeared first on International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- Teamsters Remember Sept. 11, 2001 September 10, 2021On Sept. 11, 2001, our nation—and our union—was forever changed. Twenty years ago, policemen, firefighters, emergency medical technicians and other first responders marched into harm’s way with no thought for their own safety. Sadly, many of them sacrificed their own lives trying to save others. The Teamster response to the attacks was enormous and encompassed […]
- Biden Pledges to Be the Most Pro-Union President in Country’s History September 9, 2021Cites Butch Lewis Act as Significant Victory in the American Rescue Plan (WASHINGTON, D.C.) – Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa joined labor leaders at the White House as President Joe Biden delivered remarks that stressed the value of labor unions and pledged to do whatever he could to improve the lives of working Americans. President […]
- Joint Council 83 Announces Endorsements for Virginia Statewide Officers September 9, 2021Virginia Teamsters have rounded out their slate of statewide endorsements for the November election. In the race for lieutenant governor, Joint Council 83 endorsed Delegate Hala Ayala. As a member of the Virginia House of Delegates, Ayala has been a reliable ally of workers and unions. Ayala fought to protect and expand workers’ rights to […]
- Donate to Teamsters Disaster Relief to Help Victims of Hurricane Ida September 8, 2021The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) declared a major disaster for the state of Louisiana on August 30, 2021, opening the way for the use of federal assistance for people affected by Hurricane Ida. Thousands of Louisiana residents have had their homes destroyed and over one million were left without power in the aftermath of […]
- Exclusive-FedEx Faces Labor Union Challenge Over Billionaire CEO’s Pay September 3, 2021(Reuters) - FedEx Corp shareholders should reject founder and CEO Fred Smith's $54 million pay package because the logistics company gave him stock options after scrapping a cash bonus in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, only to reinstate it later, the Teamsters labor union said on Friday. The post Exclusive-FedEx Faces Labor Union Challenge […]
- Labor Day Should Serve as Reflection on Worker Needs September 3, 2021The last 18 months have been among the most challenging to hardworking Americans in this century. Many workers, including more than a million Teamsters, kept this country running through the pandemic despite the risks to themselves and far too many paid the ultimate price for their service. This Labor Day, we remember and honor them […]
- Teamsters Local 703 Warehouse Workers on Strike at Sysco in Des Plaines September 1, 2021(DES PLAINES, Ill.)--Teamsters Local 703 warehouse workers went on strike at Sysco Corporation in Des Plaines beginning Monday, August 30 at 2:00 a.m. over the company’s refusal to bargain in good faith and treat workers with the dignity and respect they deserve. Workers at the Des Plaines site have been working without a contract since […]