- Unions – Manufacturers Letter to President-Elect Joe Biden January 19, 2021The new Keystone XL project represents an aspirational vision for modern, sustainable energy infrastructure and can serve as a road map for how we build things in our country moving forward. The post Unions – Manufacturers Letter to President-Elect Joe Biden appeared first on International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- Politico: Teamsters Pressure Democrats Ahead of Inauguration January 19, 2021AHEAD OF PRESIDENT-ELECT JOE BIDEN’S inauguration on Tuesday, the 1.4-million member International Brotherhood of Teamsters is hoping to remind Biden — and the Democratic leaders now in control of Congress — of the union’s priorities. It plans to launch a grassroots “Build Back Stronger” campaign today to push for seven pages of policy changes that organized […]
- Support Families and Businesses: Complete the Keystone XL Pipeline January 19, 2021The Keystone XL Pipeline project creates a boost for American communities by providing job opportunities to workers in key areas of our country. These opportunities are now more critical than ever during a time when we need to get our economy back on track. The post Support Families and Businesses: Complete the Keystone XL Pipeline appeared first […]
- Hoffa: Trottenberg Will Bring Wealth of Experience to Transportation Department January 18, 2021(WASHINGTON) – The following is a statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on President-elect Joe Biden’s nomination of former New York City Transportation Commissioner Polly Trottenberg as the next deputy U.S. Secretary of Transportation. “The nation’s transportation needs are broad and diverse. That’s why the Teamsters laud President-elect Biden’s choice of Polly Trottenberg as […]
- Hoffa: Chopra Will Be Active Watchdog Overseeing Nation’s Financial Sector January 18, 2021(WASHINGTON) – The following is a statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on President-elect Joe Biden’s nomination of current Federal Trade Commissioner Rohit Chopra as the next Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). “The federal government has been asleep at the wheel when it comes to oversight of the financial markets during […]
- Mayor Strickland Joins Teamsters to Celebrate MLK Day, Honor 1968 Memphis Sanitation Striker Elmore Nickleberry January 18, 2021(MEMPHIS, Tenn.) –Memphis City Mayor Jim Strickland and Shelby County Mayor Lee Harris joined with members of Teamsters Local 667 today to celebrate the life and achievements of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and to honor 1968 sanitation striker Elmore Nickleberry. “Our brothers and sisters in Local 667 stand on the shoulders of the giants […]
- Teamsters Applaud Passage of PARTT 147 January 15, 2021The Teamsters Airline Division and The Aviation Mechanics Coalition (TAMC) are elated that the Promoting Aviation Regulations for Technical Training Act (PARTT 147) was signed into law last month as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act (H.R. 133). PARTT 147 requires the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to reform technical education in a way that promotes […]
- The Million-Mile Teamster Woman January 15, 2021Delores Wright, a seven-year member of Teamster Local 728, achieved a tremendous milestone at USF Holland last week by becoming the company’s first female driver at the Atlanta terminal to reach one million miles on the road. Wright is among an elite group of Teamster drivers to achieve the record. To lend some perspective to […]