- Teamsters Applaud Passage of PARTT 147 January 15, 2021The Teamsters Airline Division and The Aviation Mechanics Coalition (TAMC) are elated that the Promoting Aviation Regulations for Technical Training Act (PARTT 147) was signed into law last month as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act (H.R. 133). PARTT 147 requires the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to reform technical education in a way that promotes […]
- The Million-Mile Teamster Woman January 15, 2021Delores Wright, a seven-year member of Teamster Local 728, achieved a tremendous milestone at USF Holland last week by becoming the company’s first female driver at the Atlanta terminal to reach one million miles on the road. Wright is among an elite group of Teamster drivers to achieve the record. To lend some perspective to […]
- The Guardian: Billionaires Add $1TN to Net Worth During Pandemic as Their Workers Struggle January 15, 2021The post The Guardian: Billionaires Add $1TN to Net Worth During Pandemic as Their Workers Struggle appeared first on International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
- Building Stronger Unions for America’s Workers January 14, 2021The U.S. next week will begin a new chapter with the swearing-in of Joe Biden as president and Kamala Harris as vice president. And the Teamsters are ready to turn the page and move forward with policy objectives that will empower American workers so that they will be able to more easily come together and […]
- COVID-19 News Updates for January 14, 2021 January 14, 2021VaccinesTHURSDAY, JANUARY 14, 2021 EARLY RELEASE: COVID-19 Trends Among Persons Aged 0-24 Years - United States, March 1-December 12, 2020WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021 Cases in the U.S.WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021 COVID-19 VaccinationWEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021 Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United StatesWEDNESDAY, […]
- BLET: Rail Unions Petition FRA to Protect Amtrak Passengers, Personnel January 12, 2021CLEVELAND, Ohio, Jan. 12, 2021 — The leaders of two of the nation’s largest railroad worker unions urgently petitioned the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in a letter January 11 to prevent security vulnerabilities and to protect those who ride — as well as the essential workers who operate — […]
- CEMEX Port Charlotte Workers Join Teamsters Local 79 January 11, 2021Location is Fifth Batch Plant in a Year to Join Union (PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.) – With over 85 percent voting in favor of representation, ready-mix drivers at CEMEX of Port Charlotte have decided to join Teamsters Local 79. “This is the fifth batch plant that has joined us in less than a year and we […]
- IBT Family Members Awarded 2020 Union Plus Scholarships January 11, 2021Washington, D.C. – Union Plus recently awarded $300,000 in scholarships to 215 students representing 43 unions, including seven winners representing the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT). This year’s group of scholarship recipients includes university, college, and trade or technical school students from 38 states. The IBT winners are: Camryn Alves of Salem, Oregon. Alves, whose mother, Julie Wood, is […]